Monday, January 21, 2008

Zucchini & Summer Squash Casserole

Not the most healthy side, but oh so delicious!!

1 green zucchini, sliced into rounds
1 summer squash, sliced into rounds
1 onion, sliced into strips
2 tomatoes, sliced (I have to leave this out for Matt.. but I love it either way!)
2 TBSP butter
1/4 TSP basil
1/2 TSP garlic salt
dash of pepper
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup croutons
(note: since leftovers are so good, I double everything)

Melt the butter and cook zucchini, summer squash, and onion until medium crisp & tender

add tomatoes and spices - cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tomatoes are tender

remove from heat and add cheese and croutons - enjoy! ** matt prefers his croutons completely crispy, so I only put croutons on my half before serving so it soaks up some juice and becomes "soggy".. YUM!**

(What it looks like after we've eaten!)

No comments: