Sunday, September 9, 2007

Kyle's Western Mac



One of my favorite guys, Kyle, has this great recipe he calls "Western Mac" which is really a "goulash" of sorts - macaroni and cheese, peppers, beef, and so on. It is so easy to do and takes very little time to accomplish. While it isn't gourmet, it fulfills my desire when I want comfort food. :)

I've modified the recipe a little bit to suit Matt's and my taste.

1 pkg Macaroni and Cheese Dinner
1 lb ground beef
Several stalks of celery, sliced
1 large chopped onion
1 green pepper, chopped
1 can tomato paste
1/2 cup water
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Shredded cheese (I use cheddar)

Prepare macaroni and cheese as directed on package.

Brown meat, celery, pepper, and onion.

Stir in tomato paste, water, salt and pepper.

Add macaroni and cheese and mix well.

Pour into 2 QT casserole and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.

Bake, uncovered, 350°F for 15-20 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.